You are adventurous and love a good cycling or walking tour. When you want to go on an active holiday in Europe, there are many different tours to choose from. To help you find a walking or cycling tour that fits you best, we created a few ‘tour styles’ consisting of a selection of matching tours. First find out which tour style speaks for you and easily see the tours that match your interest, level of difficulty and activities.
Looking for Local
For you, travel is about experiencing another place and immersing yourself in the culture. The differences in everyday life are just as interesting as exploring the well-known tourist highlights. History, architecture, and the local landscape are all important to you but you’re after a more authentic cultural experience. While on your walking or cycling tour in Europe you want to feel like a local, experiencing customs and traditions and finding those hidden places only the residents know.
- Holland – Country of Tulip – Bike and Hotel – Guided
- France – Provence Camargue – Bike and Barge – Guided
- Austria – Salzburg to Vienna – Bike and Hotel – Self Guided
- Italy – Puglia and Basilicata – Walking or Biking and Hotel – Self Guided
You may be retired, but you’re certainly not hanging up your coat on the hook. Now that you’ve got time to do things you always wanted, you want to take that time to truly appreciate the atmosphere of new places, cultures, and cuisines at your leisure. A relaxed exploration of the highlights of Europe with people of a similar mindset and approach to active walking or cycling tours is what you’re after.
- Holland – Northern Route – Bike and Barge – Guided
- Holland – Southern Route – Bike and Barge – Guided
- Italy – Venice to Mantua – Bike and Barge – Guided
- Germany – Mosel and Saar River Route – Bike and Barge – Guided
Delicious, fresh, local cuisine. The heart of your holidays is the pleasure of an excellent meal, and you never really know a place until you’ve tried their authentic dishes and drinks. You like to take time to appreciate food and leisurely walk it off on a ride through beautiful scenery or a stroll through charming streets. You’re interested in walking or cycling tours that will really give you a taste of gastronomically-renown Europe – whether it’s world-famous wine, fresh cheese, seasonal fruits, or any number of traditional recipes prepared to perfection.
- Holland – Country of Tulips – Bike and Hotel – Guided
- Italy – Walking the Tuscan Hills – Walking and Hotel – Self Guided (Guided on request)
- France – Burgundy Vineyards – Bike and Hotel – Self Guided
- France – Luxury Escape in Chateau Country – Bike and Hotel – Self Guided
A Little of Everything
You love discovering new things – and you like to be active while you do it! You enjoy walking and cycling tours where there’s lots to see and do. It might be cycling up hills for that spectacular view across vineyards and castles, daring to dip in the North Sea, or exploring the cobblestone alleyways of a tiny village off the beaten path. You love natural beauty, having new experiences, and uncovering local secrets.