The Hotel Forstinger owes its unique atmosphere to its carefully restored historic structures, which make its long history come alive. The building dates back to 1606, and has been operated as a modern boutique hotel since 1927 by the Forstinger family. From this historic, yet modern facility, you can enjoy numerous activities in Scharding including light hiking, fly fishing, excellent restaurants and pubs, and guided tours of the old town.
Danube Cycle Path
- Cycling alongside the famous curves and bends of the Danube river
- Popping over to Germany for a cup of coffee in a town where three rivers converge
- Tracing the musical history of master composers Mozart and Bruckner
- Trying a glass of famous Danube white wine in an old market square
- Immersing yourself in the artistic history of gorgeous Vienna