Our last hotel rests right on the Nieuwkoopse Plassen lake. This hotel only has 14 rooms, with smaller rooms in the front facing out to the lake, and larger rooms on the side looking over a small canal. We will eat together both nights in the hotel restaurant which is known far and wide for their wonderful cuisine. The dining rooms are overlooking the lake, and if the weather is warm enough, it is very nice to sit on the terrace with a beer or glass of wine and admire the view.
Country of Tulips
- Gliding through idyllic landscapes of farmland and vibrant tulip fields with the guidance of a local tulip historian
- Learning how Delft blue pottery is made at the workshop “Delftse Pauw”
- Following the footsteps of Rembrandt through gorgeous Leiden
- Winding through woods to pass by King Willem Alexander’s private mansion
- Sampling an array of the best Dutch cooking with expertly prepared three and four course meals
- Admiring the Netherland’s finest garden in bloom, the world-famous Keukenhof