Hôtel le Palais Cardinal is located at the north entrance to the medieval village of Saint-Emilion, adjoins the antique Bourgeoise gate (one of the 6 gates of Saint-Emilion) giving access to the village and overlooking the vineyards in their magnificent setting inside the walls of the former residence of the first Dean of the collegiate church of St-Emilion Gaillard de Lamothe, the “nephew of the soldier pope, Clement V” who was appointed Cardinal of Saint Luce in 1316. This residence became a family hotel in 1878 and is today lovingly run by Christine and Jean-Guy Beyney, the third generation of owners.
Bordeaux Vineyards and Chateaux
- Biking the bends and curves of the picturesque Dordogne River
- Toasting the heritage of Bordeaux with a local wine
- Riding through the vineyards of Monbazillac as its majestic chateau comes into view
- Discovering some human prehistory at Les Eyzies and Lascaux
- Sampling delicious truffles and foie gras in the local market